Pre-K to infinity.
1. Pay and train teachers at prestige levels
2. Include career educators in all policy reform conversations and decisions
3. End poverty, mothertruckers
3. a. Studies have shown that if you give poor people money, they will spend it on food, shelter, shoes that fit, and more food. Health care services. If they have kids, they will probably buy for their kids first and most.
3. b. Money from where? Tax loopholes. Punitive liens on corporate robberthieves who wrought economic destruction through racist real estate and banking policies. And wage theft. A cap on CEO pay.
Serious Robin Hood legal shits.
I’m not picky about how it happens. But the money exists. In the caymans or wherever.
4. Watch as kids, no longer fretting about the various traumas of poverty, are now capable of paying attention to their teachers. Teachers who won’t burn out or check out (or, if academics, get squeezed out) because they get moneys and respects.
No ridiculous, teacher-punishing, reductive-evaluation-quantifying reforms necessary.
5. You’re welcome.