Ok, there are plenty of explanations for the recent blue-washing of the country. Let’s go through them:
- Demographic shifts catching the GOP by surprise (translation: Latin@s, Asian-Americans, Millennials, African-Americans are THINKING! and VOTING!)
- Right-wing media building its own ideological hothouse and boarding up all the windows
- Voter suppression tactics backfiring because voters aren’t dumb
- SuperPAC ad money backfiring because voters aren’t dumb
- Rape unpopular among voters
- Fair pay for women, massive increase in health care coverage, and acceptance of scientific consensus on climate change popular among voters
I get to wave my blogging wand over to pronounce all explanations reasonable.
And here’s the executive summary: GOP political and media institutions are in mortal danger of irrelevancy to the contemporary and future USA.
As Ta-Nehisi Coates memorably rocked it, “This is not a ‘branding problem.’ This is a ‘problem problem.’”
Good thing Thinker for Hire’s on the job with a few suggestions.